Saturday, January 30, 2010

What doesn’t meet the eye…but should have! (mine in particular)

No, this is not about some deep philosophical thought that I stumbled upon. This is not about human behavior and the workings of society. It’s much simpler and perhaps very trivial. So don’t let the heavy title make you think I’m trying to dissect the human race.

Until it was pointed out to me, I never really noticed it. And when I did, I was amazed at how such a small little adjustment could bring out such meaning. I’m talking about the FedEx logo. (Now that title, would get anyone thinking this post had something to do with anything but this! Remember, IRONY)

This might not be news to many, but in the FedEx logo, the E and the X are put together in such a way that the space between them makes a pointing arrow shape.(i have circled it in the image..)



I did not notice this. I liked the logo as it is with its pleasant color and clean font. The smoothness of the letters seemed good enough to me for a logo. But this subtle and clever little act made the FedEx logo all the more exciting. To me, it transformed the essence of the company from being a delivery service to a focused and determined organization.

There are so many things that we might miss out. We just overlook them and stick to what we “see”, rather than what we “perceive”. Keen observation is the key to acquiring deeper knowledge and better understanding.

I think I’ll try this philosophy on for size... 

2 comments:

DHANS said...

over philosophy....

Sangeee's Diary.... said...

ok ok.. edelam kanduka koodadu....