Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Its Bhogi!!!

Bogi festival or Bhogi is the first day of Pongal and is celebrated in honor of Lord Indra, "the God of Clouds and Rains". Lord Indra is worshiped for the abundance of harvest, thereby bringing plenty and prosperity to the land. Thus, this day is also known as Indran. On Bhogi all people clean out their homes from top to bottom, and collect all unwanted goods. This day is meant for domestic activities and of being together with the family members.

Bhogi  Celebration in my house....

My mom waked me in morning 4, to burn the waste things...
Then i went to sleep again..
I waked @ 7..& went to terrace..
It was very foggy.. it was like being in ooty or kodaikanal..(but the climate wasnt like that...)
I took these pix @ 7.30 a.m....


My neighbor compound....



My house terrace....





Our Bhogi burns...








& i took these pix @ 8.30.. while going to office.... & it was still Foggy!!!..
Welcome to Kumaran Nagar!!!!



No comments: